Privacy Statement

CalmMind attaches great importance to handling your personal information with great care. For this reason we have composed this privacy statement.

Your client file

The law requires psychologists to create a client file. This file records information that is necessary to provide good care. The law obliges the practice to keep the files for fifteen years.

Your rights

As a client, you have the right to access your file or receive a copy of the information included in your file. If you find factual inaccuracies in the file, you can ask us to correct or supplement this information. If you do not agree with information included in the file, you can request us to add your own statement (your opinion) to the file. You also have the right to request us to destroy (parts of) your file. In principle, we will comply with your requests regarding these rights. We can only (partially) refuse your request if we believe that the interests of others, for example your partner or children, are being harmed.


As psychologists, we have a duty of confidentiality. This means that we will only speak to others about you or your child with your explicit consent. Only in special cases does the law give us the right to provide information without your consent. In such cases, we will generally first contact you to discuss this provision of information with you.

Rights of you and your children

If a child is not yet twelve years old, the legal guardians exercise his/her rights. If a child is twelve but not yet sixteen, the child and his legal guardians can both exercise their rights. From the age of sixteen, a child exercises his rights independently. If a child is unable to exercise his/her rights due to an intellectual disability, a psychological disorder or for any other reason, or to oversee the consequences thereof, his legal guardians exercise his rights on his behalf. If it concerns an adult who is unable to exercise his rights due to a disability or disorder, the mentor or the trustee can do so on behalf of the client. In the absence of such a representative appointed by the judge, the client’s spouse/partner, parent(s), brothers or sisters or an adult child of the client will exercise the client’s rights.